Thursday, August 13, 2009

August 13th

Whoa! It has been a while hasn't it? Sorry for the delay on my part. I have been trying to work out a schedule to bring my laptop to school and have it coincide with the internet allowing me to access this blog.

Everything has been well since my last post. Jess was a little under the weather with a cough that has cleared up nicely. She does have to get up at 5:00a.m. every morning to catch a bus to her elementary school. I do not envy her in the least. I have had some minor knee pain due to the dislocation that I had way back in 2003. The knee has acted like a gravel mixer in it's noises and feelings, most recently causing some irritation. I think the more I walk and excersize, the more it will clear up.

We do appreciate those of you who have sent care packages! We hope to receive them soon. We have yet to move into the "resort" as I like to call it. The construction portion (adding doors and windows, a stove, and a refrigerator) should be complete by the end of this week. The rest of the house's contents may not be complete for a couple of days after the construction. The both of us are very excited about getting into the new place and settling down. It seems like we've been living out of our luggage for quite some time now. We don't yet know if we'll need any other supplies sent, but we'll let you know if something comes up.

Jess and I are approaching the end of our first week of school. It has been very good for the both of us. We are a little bit more informed about the way the classes and the schools are run. My school has a rather large pep rally this Friday. We are also participating in our first football games of the season this Friday and Saturday. If I were to place a bet it would be on our team!

Sorry for the lack of pictures. Right now the school computer does not allow me to upload images. I'll try to put them on another site and then attach the link to the blog. We hope everything is going well with all of you!

~Charlie & Jess

2 comments:

  1. Dear Charlie,
    I got your message last night... was sleeping when you called later. Planning to buy a phone card because our last conversation cost 70 bucks! ...OOps. I didnt realize that it would be long distance! I hope you got your care package!! Thinking about you! Back to school here too. We miss you and wish you well!

    Chad and Bob May shouted you a holler btw.

    Love,

    Hunter and Karl

    ReplyDelete
  2. This "advenutre" looks awesome for you and Jess. I am excited for you and know that you're making a difference in the young lives you reach there. Enjoy each breathtaking moment.

    We are back to school this week....fun times! I shared pictures of my family today and the kids were sure the picture of my sons was really one of YOU.....I think your mom would win in an arm wrestle to claim you so I'll make sure they know it was really Kevin!

    May God keep you both safe, health, happy, and filled with the blessings of Amer. Samoa life!
    Diane (Jeff too)

    ReplyDelete